Single User Standard License
, which documents are incorporated herein and made a part hereof by this reference. uPage.io reserves the right to change any of the terms of this agreement at any time, and you agree to be bound by such changes. Please note that Work downloaded as part of your Standard License subscription may only be used in compliance with these Standard License of Service even in case you also subscribe to the Extended License service.
Your rights to use any Work are subject to this license agreement and are conditioned upon your payment to uPage.io for your use of the Work. If you fail to make any payment to uPage.io when due, or if any check is dishonored or credit card charge refused or charged back, your account will be deemed delinquent. If your account becomes delinquent, your right to use any Work downloaded at any time shall automatically terminate unless all payments together with any interest thereon and uPage.io's costs of collection, bank charges and credit card processing fees are received by uPage.io no later than fifteen (15) days from the date that your account became delinquent.
You acknowledge, agree and warrant you shall not:
- Use an Work other than as specified in the Limited License section above.
- Resell, redistribute, provide access to, share or transfer any Work except as specifically provided herein.
- Use an Work together with pornographic, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or immoral content, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the Work into disrepute.
- Use an Work in such a manner that it violates upon any third party's trademark or intellectual property.
- Post an Work online in downloadable format, post an Work on an electronic bulletin board, or enable an Work to be distributed via mobile telephone devices.
- Use any of the Work as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo.
- Sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, gift or otherwise transfer or distribute the Work(s) or the rights granted under these Terms.
- Download or store the Work on more than one computer at the same time, or post a copy of an Work on a network server or web server for use by other users, or share in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement; except that you may make a single backup copy to be stored on media separate from the single permitted computer.
- Remove any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the Work.
- Use Work(s) identified as 'Editorial Use Only', for any commercial, promotional, endorsement, advertising or merchandising use. In this Agreement 'Editorial Use Only' of an Work means use relating to events that are newsworthy or of general interest and expressly excludes any advertorial sections, for example, sections or supplements featuring brand and/or product names.
- Use or display an Work in such a manner that gives the impression that the Work was created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of that Work.
- Represent yourself as an agent, employee, designee, or affiliate of uPage.io for any purpose.
- Use any programs, bots or the like to access the uPage.io websites or any content on these websites for any purpose.
- uPage.io is under no obligation to refund your subscription fee under any circumstances. In case uPage.io determines that you are entitled to a refund of all or part of your subscription fee, such refund shall only be made to the credit card account originally used by you to purchase your subscription. If your subscription was paid by check, your refund will be made by check.
- "Non-transferable" as used herein means that except as specifically provided in this Agreement, you may not sell, rent, load, give, sublicense, or otherwise transfer to anyone, the Work or the right to use the Work. However the work you produce with the Work must be used for yourself, your direct employer, client, or customer, who must be the end user of your work. You agree to take all commercially responsible steps to prevent third parties from duplicating any Work. If you become aware of any unauthorized duplication of any uPage.io Work(s) please notify us via support.
- You agree that you will not share your username and password combination. Your uPage.io username and password are to be used only by you. Each person that desires to access the uPage.io site must have his/her own username and password and must purchase a subscription. You may use your subscription on ONE COMPUTER at any one time. If any two users on two separate computers are using the same username and password, we reserve the right to terminate that subscriber's account without refund or prior notice. Customized subscriptions with multiple points of access are available from uPage.io. Please contact support for details.
- You agree to indemnify and holduPage.io, its officers, employees, shareholders, directors, managers, members and suppliers, harmless against any damages or liability of any kind arising from any use of the Work other than the uses expressly permitted by this Agreement. You further agree to indemnify uPage.io for all costs and expenses that uPage.io incurs in the event that you breach any of the terms of this or any other agreement with uPage.io.
- uPage.io warrants and represents that: (a) except in respect of Work identified as 'Editorial Use Only', your use of the Work in accordance with this Agreement and in the form delivered by uPage.io will not infringe on any copyright, moral right, trademark or other intellectual property right and will not violate any right of privacy or right of publicity; (b) Unaltered Work do not and will not: \(i) violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation; (ii) be defamatory or libelous; or (iii) be pornographic or obscene. (c) While uPage.io makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of Work keywords and descriptions, as well as the integrity of our Editorial Work, uPage.io makes no warranties and/or representations regarding such keywords, Work descriptions or integrity.
- uPage.io shall defend, indemnify, and hold you harmless up to the "Limits of Liability". (a) Subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, including without limitation the provisions relating to limitation of liability in this section, uPage.io hereby represents and warrants that the utilization by you of an unaltered Paid-for Work (as defined below) pursuant to the terms of this Agreement shall not infringe or violate the intellectual property rights, publicity rights or privacy rights of any third party, and that all necessary model and property releases have been properly obtained in respect of such unaltered Paid-for Work. 'Paid-for Work' means any Work downloaded from uPage.io's website, apart from any Work which \(i) is a part of uPage.io's collection of free Work, and/or (ii) otherwise can be downloaded without payment of credits or monetary compensation. (b) Subject to subsections (c), (d) and (e) below, uPage.io agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless you from and against all damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising directly from any actual or threatened lawsuit, claim or legal proceeding (collectively, a 'Claim') commenced by a third party against you, where such Claim alleges that you's utilization of the unaltered Paid-for Work pursuant to the terms of this Agreement is in breach of the representations and warranties set forth in subsection (a) above; conditioned upon and provided that you gives uPage.io \(i) prompt written notice of any threatened Claim known to you or any suit or proceeding actually initiated against you, (ii) full information, assistance and cooperation for the defense or settlement thereof, and (iii) at uPage.io's option, sole control of any defense, settlement or action related thereto; and further provided that the use and/or distribution by you of the unaltered Paid-for Work has been at all times in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement and that you is not otherwise in breach of this Agreement. (c) uPage.io shall have no liability for, and uPage.io's obligations under subsection (b) above shall not apply to: \(i) any damages, liabilities or expenses incurred by you prior to its notification of the Claim to uPage.io; and/or (ii) any Claim based on or arising out of: (1) the modification by you of the Paid-for Work; (2) the combination of the Paid-for Work with any other work(s); and/or (3) the context in which the Paid-for Work has been used by you. (d) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Agreement or in any other agreement between uPage.io and you, the total maximum aggregate liability of uPage.io with respect to any Paid-for Work downloaded or licensed by you shall in no event exceed US $10,000 (ten thousand US dollars) per Paid-for Work, irrespective of the number of times the Paid-for Work is downloaded or licensed. uPage.io shall not be liable under this Section 8B in respect of any Work which is not a Paid-for Work. (e) The foregoing states the entire liability and obligation of uPage.io, and the sole and exclusive remedy of you, with respect to any breach of the representations and warranties contained in subsection (a) above.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, uPage.io shall not be liable for any damages, costs or losses arising as a result of modifications made to Work or the context in which the Work are used by you.
- uPage.io's total maximum aggregate obligation and liability to any one subscriber for all claims shall be limited to Ten Thousand United States Dollars - US$10,000.00 (the "Limits of Liability").
- This contract is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to or otherwise affect this Agreement. You hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of the courts. All actions, controversies and disputes arising from or relating to this agreement shall be heard and decided exclusively before the courts located within the State, County and City of New York and not elsewhere. You agree that service of process in any actions, controversies and disputes arising from or relating to this Agreement may be effected by mailing a copy thereof by registered or certified mail (or any substantially similar form of mail), postage prepaid, to the other party however, nothing herein shall affect the right to effect service of process in any other manner permitted by law. This agreement shall be construed neither against nor in favor of any party, but rather in accordance with the fair meaning of the language hereof. The invalidity or unenforceability of any part of this agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the balance hereof.
- If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of your employer or other entity, you warrant and represent that you have the full right and authority to do so. In the event that you do not have such authority, you agree that you will be personally liable to uPage.io for any breaches of the terms of this agreement.
- The number of Work downloads available to you is determined by the Subscription you purchase. For the purposes of this agreement, a day is defined as the twenty four (24) hour period beginning at the time your subscription is purchased. A month is defined as thirty (30) consecutive days beginning on and including the date that you purchase your subscription.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU BREACH ANY OF THE TERMS OF THIS OR ANY OTHER AGREEMENT WITH uPage.io SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE. SUCH TERMINATION SHALL BE IN ADDITION TO uPage.io'S OTHER RIGHTS AT LAW AND/OR EQUITY. uPage.io SHALL BE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO REFUND ANY FEES PAID BY YOU IN THE EVENT THAT YOUR ACCOUNT IS TERMINATED BY REASON OF A BREACH ANY SUCH BREACH OR BREACHES.
THE WORK AND OTHER CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. uPage.io DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ITS USE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE CONTENT IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE CONTENT PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT uPage.io) ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK AND COST OF ALL NECESSARY CORRECTIONS.
uPage.io GRANTS NO RIGHTS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF ANY NAMES, TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARK, LOGOTYPES, COPYRIGHTED DESIGNS OR WORKS OF ART OR ARCHITECTURE DEPICTED IN ANY WORK. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ASSURE THAT ALL NECESSARY RIGHTS, CONSENTS, OR PERMISSIONS THAT MAY BE REQUIRED FOR YOUR USE OF ANY WORK ARE OBTAINED. uPage.io SUBMITTERS UPLOAD WORK TO THE uPage.io WEBSITE AND WARRANT THAT THEY HAVE ALL RIGHTS REQUIRED TO DO SO AND TO ENABLE uPage.io TO GRANT THE RIGHTS IT GRANTS IN THIS AGREEMENT.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU SHOULD SEEK COMPETENT COUNSEL BEFORE USING WORK ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY GOODS OR SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED IN PARAGRAPH 26 HEREOF, IN NO EVENT, SHALL uPage.io'S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU, OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE uPage.io WEBSITE AND/OR WORK(S) CONTAINED THEREON (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE MONETARY AMOUNT ACTUALLY RECEIVED BY uPage.io FROM YOU FOR YOUR USE OF THE APPLICABLE WORK(S). NEITHER uPage.io NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES MANAGERS, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS OR SUPPLIERS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY GENERAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE WORK(S), uPage.io'S BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR OTHERWISE, UNLESS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR HEREIN, EVEN IF uPage.io HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT, SHALL uPage.io'S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU, OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE uPage.io WEBSITE AND/OR WORK(S) CONTAINED THEREON (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE LIMITS OF LIABILITY.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU USE FRAUDULENT CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT OR OTHERWISE ENGAGE IN ANY CRIMINAL ACTIVITY AFFECTING uPage.io, uPage.io WILL PROMPTLY FILE A COMPLAINT WITH www.ic3.gov, THE INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER, A PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN THEFEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) AND THE NATIONAL WHITE COLLAR CRIME CENTER.